Monday, April 5, 2010

Blog Reflection Week Twelve (Story and Listserv)

This week, I found the digital story project fairly simple, but only because I learned how to use Windows Movie Maker last semester in another class. I chose to document an on-campus field trip in which my 3rd grade class participated last month. I enjoyed making the digital story and plan to show it to my students this week. I learned that Digital Storytelling is a great way to showcase what the students have learned and/or accomplished. In the future, I would like to try and see if my students can handle creating a short digital story of their own.

Creating the listserv wasn't as simple to me as the storytelling, because before now I have not had a gmail account. Signing up and following the tutorial was somewhat perplexing, because I was confused on what exactly the assignment was. I believe, however, that I was finally able to understand and complete the assignment. I can see how using Google groups can be a valuable means of communication between parents and students. And, for a school that is "going green" and finding ways to conserve and preserve natural resources, what a great way to decrease the amount of paper notes that are sent home! At the start of next school year, I plan to use Google groups as a way to keep parents informed of what's going on in the classroom.

View my Google group

View my story

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your reflection and sharing your opinion in integrating Google Group in classroom. I understand that everybody need some time to get used to a new application. Once you know it you will be able to use it. I would like to view your projects in this page.

    ReplyDelete